dltv 217 episode
Run time 29:43Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
Veronica Belmont is Back! How Tough is a Blu-Ray Disc and More.
What's new in Episode 217
• Veronica Belmont of Mahalo.com and Mahalo Daily joins Robert on today's DL.TV.
• Our Viewer Tech Pic of the Week is from David in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Showing off his dual LCDs that are hooked up to his PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Not pictured are the Rock Band peripherals and the tangle of ethernet, A/V, and power cables behind the monitors.
• Want to work on your vocabulary and help fight world hunger? Check out Freerice.com
• Garnett Lee, Managing Editor for 1UP.com, loves his RSS feeds. He loves them so much that he makes his own feeds using Google Reader. Garnett was good enough to share that knowledge with us and now we share it with you.
• We have a viewer question from Mark:
• Blu-Ray has long touted its tough resistant hard coating but I've been wondering exactly how tough is it really how much of a pounding can it really take?
• Well, Mark, we ran into the HD Lab and put a Blu-Ray disc to the test.
• Folding@Home Update: We are holding steady at 13 at over 166,000,000 point. We figure out how to read numbers. Just a reminder, if you click on our Folding@Home link we have our interview with Prof. Vijay Pande and instructions on how to configure the Folding@Home client on your machine of choice.
• Finally, we have an interview with John Davison of What They Like, Inc. He stopped by the studio to talk about What They Play, a parental resource site help parents understand the ESRB ratings as well as inform of what type of content a video game contains.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org